Texas Attorneys Seeking Compensation for Dog Bite Victims
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S. alone. Children are the biggest victims of dog bites by far. As a victim, you run the risk of wound infection, scarring, nerve damage, disfigurement and potentially even death. In 2015, Texas had the most dog bite fatality cases: 5.
At Roper & White, our personal injury attorneys have represented individuals in complex injury cases such as those involving dog bites. We will hit the ground running to gather all information necessary to put the best injury case forward for you. Our goal is to fight hard for you, seeking the results and compensation you deserve for your injuries or loss.
The Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
DogsBite.org published a study that found the following breeds responsible for 91% of all dog bites in 2015:
- Pit bulls
While these may be the top breeds that cause injury to children and adults, it is important to understand that any dog can bite.
What To Do If You’re Bitten By A Dog
- Call the police. You will want to make a record of the dog bite, for your own self and for the future safety of others. You may find by filing a report that the dog has already bitten someone else. This fact will become quite important during your claim for compensation for medical care, pain and suffering, and more.
- Talk to witnesses. Speak with everyone who saw the dog bite incident happen. Take down their names, phone numbers, addresses and a summary of what they said to you.
- Take pictures. Use your cell phone to take pictures of everything from your injury to the dog to the surroundings. You never know what aspect of the day will become fundamental to building your recovery case.
- Seek medical attention. No matter how hurt you are, go to the doctor and get treated. At the very least, you will want antibiotics and you will want to be tested for rabies, tetanus, and other bacteria and toxins.
- Speak to a lawyer. Texas dog bite laws are not always as straightforward or as easy to prove as you would think. You will want a lawyer by your side to help you handle the full process of proving liability and obtaining financial compensation.
Did You Or Your Child Get Bit By A Dog? Call Us For A Free Consultation.
Don’t suffer alone, and do not miss getting the compensation you deserve for your dog bite injuries. Our attorneys stand ready to zealously represent you and support you through this challenging time.
Located in Sulphur Springs, we serve dog bite victims throughout Northeast Texas. Call us today at 903-270-1281 or contact our law firm online to schedule a time to meet with one of our personal injury lawyers.