If You Lost a Loved One in a Fatal Trucking Accident in Northeast Texas
Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers
We understand that this is a very difficult time for your family. A loved one has died in a fatal 18-wheeler crash and there are so many unanswered questions, and new problems. We’re sorry for your family’s loss. We’re here to help.
The Mount Vernon wrongful death attorneys at Roper & White, Attorneys at Law, have years of experience working with grieving families after the loss of a loved one in a car wreck or truck crash. When needed, we work with private investigators, mechanical experts, and accident reconstruction experts to prove fault to an insurance company, or a jury.
We thoroughly prepare each wrongful death case with an eye toward trial. Even if the case doesn’t end up in court, we have the evidence to back up your insurance claim and to ensure you receive all the money you are due.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Receive in a Wrongful Death Claim?
Some people feel squeamish bringing a wrongful death claim because they think they are “profiting” from the death of a loved one. This is far from the truth. There are many financial and emotional costs from an unexpected death in the family. It’s unfair that you should have to bear them alone. A wrongful death settlement or award can only begin to offset the hardships and emotional suffering you must endure.
You may be able to make a financial recovery for:
- Current expenses: You can recover the cost of funeral expenses and the medical bills associated with any medical care your loved one received before death.
- Future lost wages:If your spouse or the parent of a dependent worked outside the home, you can recover for future wages that person would have been expected to earn over his/her lifetime.
- Loss of care, services, and support: Your loved one provided to members of your family. This ensures recovery for the invaluable services provided by a stay-at-home parent, as well as a person who provided care for an elder family member.
- Loss of love and companionship: This compensation recognizes the tremendous importance that the love of a family member plays in our lives.
- Mental and emotional pain: The emotional suffering family members feel following a death is tremendous and can make every daily task more difficult.
If your loved one died because a truck driver committed a willful act (for example, running someone off the road because of road rage) or because a company was grossly negligent (knowingly allowing an unfit truck onto the road), we may be able to seek additional, punitive damages to punish the wrongdoing.
Learn more about wrongful death cases.
We’ve handled many personal injury and wrongful death cases so we understand what your case is worth. We don’t leave money on the table that could be in your hands to help your family.
Contact a TX Truck Accident Wrongful Death Lawyer You Can Trust
The wrongful death lawyers at Roper & White are committed to helping families devastated by the death of a loved one. If you have lost a family member in an 18-wheeler wreck, call 903-270-1281 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation in our Tyler, TX, or Sulphur Springs law office.